When people start exercising, they forget the most important thing – in addition to training, they need to eat right. What you eat determines your sporting results. This article is about proper nutrition during sport.
If you are interested in sports, you might like to visit https://espn-news.com/.
The 5 rules of sports nutrition
- Calculate your calorie intake correctly. During vigorous exercise, you need to consume more calories than a normal person. After all, calories are lost due to an increased metabolic rate caused by physical activity. So experiment with the amount of food you eat, and find a happy medium where you eat in moderation, and you have enough energy.
- Eat small portions. It is not possible to consume the entire daily ration in 1-2 meals without harming the gastrointestinal tract. Divide your meals into small portions so as not to overburden your digestive system. So eat 6-8 times a day; if you can, you can eat up to 10 times.
- Eat more protein. Protein is the builder of new structures in the human body. Eat more protein during vigorous physical activity. Eat 1.5-2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. Foods that contain protein are meat, eggs, milk, and fish.
- Eat carbohydrates. You need energy to function actively. Carbohydrates are an ideal source of energy. But you should remember that there are healthy and unhealthy carbohydrates. You should prefer healthy carbohydrates, which are found in buckwheat, rice, oatmeal, and pearl barley. For this reason, avoid unhealthy carbohydrates completely, such as sweets, flour, and smoked foods.
- Drink water. During physical work a person loses up to 500 millilitres of liquid per hour. This loss needs to be compensated by drinking water. Above all, drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day to feel well and set new records.
Sports nutrition is an essential attribute for any exerciser. The nice thing about this type of diet is that it does not make your body hungry. It is very difficult to call it a diet, rather fitness nutrition is a way of life. In fact, this menu is the perfect meal not only for those who want to always be slim, but also for those who dream of being healthy and alert at any age. Of course, it is difficult to stick to a sports diet regime in today’s rhythm, because of the constant busyness of some people eating fast food just to fill their stomach, while others do not eat anything all day, increasing the portion of dinner.
Exercise and nutrition
When we exercise regularly, our energy and nutrient needs increase. Metabolism speeds up and water and minerals necessary for the body are lost. Fitness nutrition should include foods that are rich in vitamins and other nutrients. The caloric intake for exercise is 10-15% protein, 25-30% fat and 55-60% carbohydrates. Carbohydrates and fats play an important role here, as they accumulate in our body and can be used in conditions of deficiency, i.e. during high physical activity. More information here https://espn-news.com/eating-for-exercise-and-sports/.